Tuesday, July 18, 2006

'No one comes before the Father except through Me' John 14:6-9


Since a few Commentators, by name & anonymous, continue to challenge me over and over regarding the same thing, "My Truth does not Equal God's truth" etc..
I offer this.

You and I are sinners and deserve God's Judgment & Punishment. We are Thieves (stealing once makes you a thief), Adulterers (thinking lustful thoughts), Murders (we hate), the list goes on. Hence God's laws which call for the Death of those who violate it. Hint: All have sinned, all deserve death. Ponder the FACT: Obeying the Ten Commandments has saved no one!

God's laws should convict your heart and have you dropping to your knees and crawling to the cross of Christ. What you do when you get to the cross, is up to you!

If you claim to be a 'Christian' and minimize your sins, like 'Gay Christians' and many others do, you remain an enemy of God even has you sit in church. For me Not to tell you that, would be like watching you burn while holding a Fire Extinguisher.

In addition, the Bible teaches us that God is not concerned with how well your earthly life is, i.e. Job, Money, Sex, Nice House, Car, Worldly Happiness and Pleasures etc...He is concerned about your Eternity, which will be spent with Him (Heaven) or Without Him (Hell!). Yes I said Hell. Imagine the apostle Paul, beaten, chained, bloody, and rejoicing in Christ! That's exactly what he did. Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me"NASB.

Unlike many others at this point in their lives, I will beg God to forgive me and accept the blood of Christ as payment for my sins. I have been convicted by God's laws, and through Christ I have been saved from death.

It is that awesome joy and gratefulness that compels me to live for and obey God. Therefore I walk in His Righteousness, Not my own.

Until you realize and accept these Biblical truths, you will remain without God and will be subject to His Righteous judgment. You will remain a 'false convert' leading others away from God and into Evil's hand. Woe to those that do that!


What would Jesus do?
...he wouldn't be shoving religion down people's throats!
...he wouldn't tell a woman who needs and abortion they are sinners!
...he wouldn't eat that disgusting meat!

Better Question..What DID Jesus do?
...He came to Confirm the Law!

Read Matthew 5:20-26 and consider this:

'Let none suppose that Christ allows his people to trifle with any commands of God's holy law. No sinner partakes of Christ's justifying righteousness, till he repents of his evil deeds. The mercy revealed in the gospel leads the believer to still deeper self-abhorrence. The law is the Christian's rule of duty, and he delights therein. If a man, pretending to be Christ's disciple, encourages himself in any allowed disobedience to the holy law of God, or teaches others to do the same, whatever his station or reputation among men may be, he can be no true disciple. Christ's righteousness, imputed to us by faith alone, is needed by every one that enters the kingdom of grace or of glory; but the new creation of the heart to holiness, produces a thorough change in a man's temper and conduct.'
It expounds further on these Biblical truths.

16 comments:

Ralph said...

God sent his to die on the cross for our sins. Our sins have already been accounted for so go ahead and have your "fun."

Mark said...

Ralph,
you say Our sins have already been accounted for so go ahead and have your "fun."

The doctrine of justification by faith alone, should NOT and does NOT encourage people in sin. That would be making Christ a 'Minister of Sin' which should make your heart shudder!

Abusing grace reveals the true state of such a heart, unrepenent and without Christ.

Mark said...

The doctrine of justification by faith alone, should NOT and does NOT encourage people TO sin.

Mark said...

Further scriptures...
Romans 2: 15They demonstrate that God's law is written within them, for their own consciences either accuse them or tell them they are doing what is right. 16The day will surely come when God, by Jesus Christ, will judge everyone's secret life. This is my message.

Roman 3: 31Well then, if we emphasize faith, does this mean that we can forget about the law? Of course not! In fact, only when we have faith do we truly fulfill the law.

Christ requires Obedience.
Matthew 7: 24"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."

Dane Bramage said...

Great post Mark. I can't help but wonder though how many swine you've cast your pearls before. Anyone with the Holy Spirit within them recognizes the Truth as you have written. Anybody who doesn't or who says "Yes, but.." only demonstrates their lack of Christ.

Mark said...

thanks bro! probably way too many 'pearls' have been cast! I am still learning though. :)

Christinewjc said...

Dear Mark!

Your post is just breathtaking! Excellent and awesome! I'm speechless...

Your The Way of the Master fellow reader and sister in Christ,
Christine

jas said...

i see you are using the tags.

well done.

Mark said...

God Bless you! Christine.

jas, thanks for your awesome help.
just for fun I bolded again.
keep the Bible near by my friend, and listen to that 'speechless' voice that nudges you when you lest expect it.

DL Foster said...

Mark, loving this post man for sure!
Jesus made EXCLUSIVE claims and demanded EXCLUSIVE worship and said that he and he alone was EXCLUSIVELY the way to God.

There was no hint of "inclusivity" at all UNLESS you came to the cross. It is only at the cross that all are welcome to come to. The question is what do you do when you come to the cross? Like you said forsake all your sins and ask for forgiveness.

This mamby pamby religious equality mess the gay religious folk are pushing is the result of worshipping a FALSE JESUS.

Christinewjc said...

Mark,

I just wanted to ask you to come over to my blog and see the little comment I put in my new Neoboard chat box!

Christine

highboy said...

Good post Mark.

The Real Deal said...

"but the new creation of the heart to holiness, produces a thorough change in a man's temper and conduct."

That's the real deal right there; anything less than that is counterfeit. I'm amazed, or rather, disheartened, to see holiness, especially in God's people, being kicked to the curb and taken as a joke. Thanks Mark, for the great post.

Winston said...

Mark,
It makes my heart feel so very good to see your faith expressed so well with biblical facts - explained exactaly - well done.
May God completly bless you and your efforts to explain God's wonderful plan for us, if we will let Him. It is so easy to seek the easy way of "sins paid for, so keep on sinning"...there is no change of the heart there.
With love and admiration -
In Christ - Winston

jas said...

If you claim to be a 'Christian' and minimize your sins, like 'Gay Christians' and many others do, you remain an enemy of God even has you sit in church

I think everyone falls into this category. We all know what is right and wrong, and we still all refuse to do the right thing all of the time.

Jonathan said...

I have been thinking a lot lately about the scriptural injunction to "grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." I think that jas is right when he says that Christians across the board are very good at minimizing the sins that are their own. Paul the Apostle talked about putting away childish things when we become adults. I think that coupled with the verse I mentioned about, it really illustrates that we are all on a journey. We don't have all the answers. When we come to Christ and are born-again, or saved, we began as a new baby in him. As with all babies, there is the process of growth. My grandmother, who has travelled the world for Jesus Christ, recently turned 80 and told me that she is still learning new things daily. That God is constantly pruning her branches.

I guess that's why I live the way I do...focused as much as possible on grace. Mainly because I know that it is the grace of God that changed my life. And I recognize that it is the grace of God that can and will bring a lasting change in the lives of others. Unfortunately, it seems more and more Christians today are more interested in calling out people's sins and then letting the government save them from their sins by legislation. And I wonder sometimes if that isn't the result of Christians failing to show people what a vibrant walk with Christ really is. We've become rather like the Prodigal Son's brother...all pissed off that Christ might actually throw a party because one of his children found their way back home. We have a bad attitude about sin...well, the sin in others. And it comes back to what Jas said...we minimize our own sins.

It is not the law of God that will save you, neither will it convict you. II Corinthians 3:6 talks about the fact that it is the law that condemns and kills, but it is the Spirit that gives life. John 3:17 says that Christ didn't come to the world to "condemn" the world but to give life to the world.

Mark, you and I agree on the amazing grace of God and the life-changing power it has. I think we disagree maybe a bit on the methodology. I don't see Jesus' message being to go out and harangue the world into accepting the fact that they are sinners. Rather, he showed true and genuine caring AND THEN he changed lives. We are only a conduit through which Jesus Christ can be seen. If people never see Christ because they can't get past us then we aren't getting the job done.

It's about accepting the fact that we are all sinners. None of us are righteous. We have nothing to bring that is worthy of his love. AND YET He loves us with a love that just won't quit! Why is that message not appealing? Why is it that the message has to focus on the negative? Is it because we are insecure in our own relationship with Christ and like the school yard bully, we take the focus off our own feelings of inferiority by focusing on the inferiority of others? I want my life to be a beautiful reflection of Jesus Christ. I'm not always successful! That's my prayer every day! Father, flow through me and out of me so that other's will see You and come to know you and your life changing power!

Blessings Mark!

j.