Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Why the biblical truth of God matters

Source: Why Al Qaeda Supports the Emergent Church

The emergent church and its allies on the religious left are to Christianity what termites are to wood. They devour it from the inside out, little bit by little bit, and you don’t notice it until it’s too late–unless you look for the droppings.

They’re leaving lots of droppings if you only have eyes to see.

The emergent church has rejected the “linear” and “modern” categories of true/false, good/evil, and right/wrong, and they recoil at the notion of applying these terms to Christianity or any other faith tradition–even radical Islam. To believe Christianity is true, good, and right is divisive, offensive, and well, rude and anti-conversational.

It’s time to call these people out from the shadows and expose them to the light of public scrutiny.

Their unwillingness to distinguish truth from error, right from wrong, and good from evil leave them intellectually immobilized to resist the encroachment of false teaching and heresy, and even incapable of knowing the good guys from the bad guys in the war for the free world.

The whole point of terrorism is to destroy the will of the enemy to fight.

I know of not one Godless liberal willing to fight nor die for anything, much less the truth since they deny it exist in any absolute terms. When the truth becomes personal and relative, this nation will be destroyed from the inside out.

6 comments:

mindovermatter said...

There are seven men and women in my family who serve proudly in the various military branches. They're all very liberal, atheists and heck, one is even "queer"! shuuuush! don't tell!
They've all been to Iraq, most of them several times. They serve because they believe every citizen should give something up for the freedoms and rights they have in this country.
Maybe you're not hanging out with the right folks.

Mark said...

Mindover whatever...

I have spent 11 years in the United States Marine Corps. I will not tell you where I served or my duties. I and several others, will say they have risked their life for a friend, a friend who had same sex attractions, and a fellow Marine. He knew where I stood, what I would die for, and what I thought about life and death in Christ. He also grew to know what I and many others know about the truth, life and death, and God's word. There are but two types of people at times, unrepentant and repentant sinners. Both in need of a eternal relationship with their creator.

I beg to differ, but I do indeed hang with the right folks. My friend and I will one day be together again, in God's perfect place and in a perfect relationship with each other. Why? Because he knew God and accepted the truth in a place no man can see like God can, the heart. Just as the thief hanging next to Christ was saved. That thief was probably no bible scholar either. I can't wait to meet him and so many other sinners in heaven.

Maybe you should stop shuuushing, and start proclaiming God's word, eh? Perhaps even replace the word Marine, with follower of Christ? That will, however, require you to raise a new flag, a flag that will cost you all of your worldy allegiances, not just some of them.

Most won't, that's why the Marines are the few...may God bless them all.

Josiah said...

His point is, Mark, is that there are plenty of your so-called "Godless liberals" willing to die and fight for our country. Your last comment in red in the article has no merit.

Mark said...

They serve because they believe every citizen should give something up for the freedoms and rights they have in this country.

Why? Is your family just plain stupid or brain dead?

Robert Bayn said...

I'm not sure I understand this "Give up something for this country", what exactly are we giving up, or they to be more exact. If we are giving up our freedoms, are we even worthy of those freedoms?

I quote Benjamin Franklin:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Mark said...

I wrote I have spent 11 years in the United States Marine Corps. I will not tell you where I served or my duties...etc

Yes, that is a personal hypothetical, just like.. missingthefacts ..."There are seven men and women in my family who serve proudly in the various military branches. They're all very liberal, atheists and heck, one is even "queer"! shuuuush! don't tell!".

Although a sharp shooter's pin is not far away. ;)

Rob, you nailed it man. Giving up what? Godless folks talk out of both ends and get pissed off when their own BS is exposed. When a truth must must be absolute, it causes a mess in the kitchen of those who like to cook meat over a cold source. It feeds no one and is a waste of time.