Tuesday, December 11, 2007

10 sure ways that don't lead to heaven

1. I am not a sinner. It's all about love dude!

1 John 1:8
8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.

2. I read the Bible man! (as if Satan doesn't know the Bible better than you?)

Matthew 7: 26"Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.

3. I live my life by the golden rule.

Titus 3: 5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,


4. I am a moral person!

Isaiah 64:6 For all of us have become like one who is unclean, And all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment; And all of us wither like a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

5. I do a lot of good works!

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

6. I believe in God! (as if Satan and demons don't?)
James 2:19 You believe that God is one You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.

7. I go to church every Sunday dude!

Revelation 20:15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

8. My tithing is like around 11%!

Acts 8:20
20 But Peter said to him, "May your silver perish with you, because you thought you could obtain the gift of God with money!

9. I am very religious! I like to take the best of all religions, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, etc...
(only a fundi would say Jesus is the only way)

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

10. I am a priest or a pastor or the Pope!

1 Timothy 2:5-6 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time.

1 comment:

Neil said...

Great list! That should be a good re-set for a lot of folks.